Welcome to Perry Hall United Methodist Church. Our congregation is very active within the Church, as well as supportive of the Community. We offer several services weekly, Bible Study, Music, Group Activities for shared interests and Community Outreach programs such as a Food Pantry, Thrift Shop, etc. We have a Christian Library that is open 7 days/week. We are handicapped-accessible and have an elevator!
Our Pastor Vic is young, energetic and truly dedicated to building a congregation that receives the blessings of God, as well as creating a place where all can share those blessings with each other.
Pastor: Vic Harner
Administrative Assistant: Mary Schramm
Perry Hall and Methodism have long been connected. Bishop Francis Asbury and Thomas Coke visited the Perry Hall Mansion frequently. It was at the Perry Hall Mansion that the organization of the Methodist Church in America was planned.
In 1866, Eli Gambrill donated land for a church at the corner of Belair and Cliffvale Roads. The Perry Hall Methodist Episcopal Church South was formed on October 8, 1866. Members met in homes until the church building was constructed in 1873. From 1873 to 1949, Perry Hall Church was part of circuits with other churches. In 1949, Perry Hall and Salem Church became a circuit with their first full time pastor.
As Perry Hall Church grew, its needs grew. In 1956 our first full-time minister serving only Perry Hall was appointed. A brick parsonage at 9513 Belair Road was built in 1958, and a new 3-story colonial style brick church was built in 1959, at 9515 Belair Road, with services beginning on Palm Sunday, 1960. The Education Wing was added in 1969, and in 1975 our front entrance was modified to allow wheelchair access. An elevator was added (from the ground level to the Sanctuary level) in 1995 for those who have difficulty with stairs. In 135 years, 46 pastors have been appointed to Perry Hall Church. Seven persons have gone into the ordained ministry from this church.